• A mother is more than any single role she plays at any given point in her lifetime. She is
entitled to fully
explore and develop her identity as she chooses: as a woman, a citizen, a parent or an employee.
• All the work mothers do – whether paid or unpaid - has social
and economic value.
• All women deserve recognition and support for their right to choose if and how to combine
and paid employment.
• All mothers, all children and all families are unique. We respect the wisdom of each mother
how to care for her children, her family and herself.
• Mothers have the right to fulfill their caregiving responsibilities without incurring social
• The transitions women make into and through motherhood are challenging
and can be difficult.
• Together, mothers are powerful.